Sunday, February 5, 2012

The tour pt.2

Tonight's show in Michigan was my favorite so far, I finally got my legs a little more stable and feel more comfortable on the stage with the guys. You would think that growing up on the east coast I would be adjusted to this shitty cold weather, but I'm not, I'm a total baby about it ever being under 60 degrees. The house was packed tonight and I think we put on a kickass fucking rock show for everyone, I'm still all weirded out when people ask me to sign shit or take pictures with them, but I went out right after the show and met with the fans to hang out for a bit. I honestly don't know how my friends do that shit on the daily, I guess it's something you just get used to... hopefully I will have the opportunity to "get used to it."
Sebastian and Corey are very similar in the sense that they just have rock running through their veins instead of blood at all times, I am a very blessed mother fucker to have both those guys in my life, in different ways they show me how to be humble and appreciate what goes on in this crazy unpredictable world of music. Corey's sister came to visit and brought my favorite little girl in Detroit Jaylynn, they came to soundcheck to watch us work out the kinks I was having trouble with the past few shows. It's nice to see the fam on the road man, it really centers me and makes me feel good that people will actually drive an hour out of their way just to give me a hug.

I'm starting to get more comfortable around the guys and don't feel like "the new guy" anymore, even though I totally am and absolutely know my roll around here, it's just nice to be around a bunch of really nice guys that get it. They are just here to rock the fuck out and make the crowd want more... thats all I give a fuck about. Talking to fans after the show, you always get the "how could you live on a bus for that long?" question... Honestly, if it's with the right people, I could live on this fucking thing... as long as I get to do this shit 4 or 5 nights a week and my neck holds out, I'm totally ok with playing the rock music as long as they will let me.
Like I said before, I been very lucky to play with such amazing people, who are not only huge musicians, but also very good friends. It's not like work at all... it's like I've been at summer camp for like 3 years now, and it doesn't look like summer is going to be over for a while. These mother truckers laugh, eat, smoke, drink, and kill it on stage... It's a tour so of course people get cranky or shitty at one another from time to time, but for the most part so far it has been a very respectful crew.

Playing with Bobby Jarzombek is also pretty fucking huge. That guy is a fucking metronome made of solid steel, and one of the nicest dudes you will ever meet in your life. So yeah, I get to rock with that dude every night, he makes feel like I'm just playing along to the cd. Nick and Johnny are also ripping guitar players, nick is 21, adorable, perfect long rock hair, totally rock skinny ripped when he takes his shirt off on stage... if I was even just a little gay I'd totally fuck that kid in his sleep. Johnny not so much, nice guy though.. and an absolute shredder.
I feel like I'm starting to belong somewhere finally, I've done so many shitty tours, coming home broke as fuck, starving, playing to like 20 people (if that) a night, all across the country in some shitty converted van that's always breaking down, with at least one super aggravating asshole around me the entire time... Now it's like God or whoever the fuck has got my back was just like, "here dude... you earned it, take a year off and be treated with a little respect for doing the only thing you've ever loved for so long."

I stay humble, remain forever grateful to play these packed houses full of rabid fans, with people that I would no questions asked take a bullet for if I had to, and never... NEVER take a shower in the dressing room without throwing a towel on the floor first.

Tonight's show makes sitting in a parking lot staring out the window at some shitty ghetto liquor store window all day long... totally fucking worth the wait.

4 comments:

  1. This got me one of those sweet and uncontrollable grin on this face of mine .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome addendum to part I ...rock on Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I got a picture with you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete