Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring is in session....

In 8 days I leave for South America for a 10 day tour with Mr. Sebastian Bach. I am very excited for the rabid Brazilian fans in the crowd, streets, and hotel lobby. There was never a better weekend in my life then when I played Rock in Rio with Stone Sour, and I am looking forward to making more fond South American memories.

Right now my days consist of waking up, eating a few oranges while I choke down a few cigarettes, then running out the door to catch a bus to an afternoon meeting, then back home to drive my neighbors crazy for a few hours of Skid Row blaring through their walls, while a real deep healthy bass chugs along with the itunes. I don't normally make meetings when I'm on the road and I have a feeling Brazil is going to be a little more toxic than the usual tours, so my pre-tour plan is to make myself completely sick of meetings here so that when I go on the road I'll be fine, this is what works for me.
I'm tightening down some new songs that Bas wants me to learn, and trying to keep my head out of other situations going on in my life at the moment. I had a real ego bruise a few weeks ago, so it has been a bit of a struggle keeping my head focused on the tasks ahead, today was the first day I've actually been able to snap back into fucking reality and be stoked for what I have... which is pretty amazing to say the least.

It doesn't matter that I had to literally pay for the bus with pennies today, and that I'm smoking cigarettes that were left behind weeks ago because I can't afford my own. The life of a hired gun in Hollywood is so fucking typical sometimes, that all I really need is the stripper girlfriend to drive me around and smack some eyeliner under my lids and it would be picture perfect.
What I'm used to doing is sitting here feeling sorry for myself, whining about how "they don't want me" or how I'm to stupid to get a real job, or I'm not good enough for any of this stuff... blah blah fucking blah. That's not the case. The straight fact is that I fucking rule, and if you don't want this, then good luck with what you get. South America is going to be amazing...

After the few shows we have in May in the states, I'm going to fly home to see the fam and the old gang. Hang there for a few weeks while I fatten up on Mom's cooking, take in some fresh clean upstate NY air, and show my Nephew that I really actually still exist and that I'm not just some crazy guy that makes weird faces on his computer screen, then fly to europe for a months worth of metal festivals with some old friends.
Hopefully if it all works out I might be pulling some double duty with Mr. Taylor out there...

My life pretty much fucking rules, except for this whole eating pasta every day thing till the checks come in.......

See you fuckers soon...
Love and Rockets,
Jason Christopher Rappise

4 comments:

  1. May Brazil treat you right, dude !
    Too bad i'll miss it out ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember how excited after having played The Palladium for the first time? ...and look at you now! I'm so happy for you Jason, and you deserve all of this and more.
    Tell Roy I said hi, and have fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hamburg gig was awesome, thanks for talking to us and signing my ticket...hope you are doing fine...
    I dunno how you feel about signing stuff, but to us fans its a good memory and icing on the cake, after a great concert!!
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts and art on here.
    All the best for whatever is next!! Greetings from Hamburg!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I continuously keep on coming to your site again just in case you have posted new contents. breaking news

    ReplyDelete